BC CHEER COACHES CARE
As coaches, our goal is to develop strong and confident young men and women, through the sport of Cheer, preparing them for their next phase of life beyond high school. By setting high standards and expectations, we hope to teach valuable life lessons: integrity, work ethic, mutual respect, accountability, and a high level of commitment. We are dedicated to building champion athletes while representing our school with enthusiasm and pride.
- Foster and model a supportive but challenging learning environment that inspires individuals to reach their full potential.
- Offer continuous motivation and personalized feedback to ensure each athlete’s success.
- Instill an appreciation for purposeful training and structured programs. “If you work the plan, the plan works.”
- Incorporate "outside the box" alternative methods of cross/functional sports training to enhance physical conditioning. “Train, don’t strain.”
- Encourage athletes to continually set new goals and expand their "comfort zone".
- Maintain organization and communicate clear, reasonable expectations.
- Above all, have fun!
BC Cheer Coaches commit to:
- Serving as role models for their team, setting a positive example and upholding all Cheer Contract Standards and Expectations
- 100% investment in the program.
- Being one of the first to arrive to each practice/game and the last to leave.
- Maintaining organization, consistency and equity.
- Instilling tradition, honor, commitment and pride in the team and in each other.
- Building a solid foundation based on trust and loyalty.
- Working hard and being supportive to make this an exemplary cheer program and a positive experience for all.